Uber Asterisk Class – The Next Level
The Uber Asterisk Class is a five-day hands-on course that covers the knowledge and skills an advanced Asterisk administrator or developer, should know to be effective at their job. It is a combination of both lectures and labs designed to give the students both the theory behind the concepts and the hands-on experience to be able to effectively deploy Asterisk-based solutions.
In Uber Asterisk Class, students will learn to create advanced dial plans, innovative communication solutions and more. Students will explore other realms of real-time communications, such as connecting with CPaaS providers, termination and origination services and more.
Uber Asterisk Class is designed to prepare Linux/Unix consultants, interconnect vendors, enterprise IT personnel , and ITSP/telco systems administrators to configure, manage and troubleshoot Asterisk-based VoIP systems. Topics covered in the course include:
- Asterisk dialplan syntax and best practices
- Call monitoring, Call Recording, RTP, RTCP, Wireshark and more
- SIP and IAX protocols
- Connecting Asterisk to a VoIP provider
- CDRs and CELs
- Call Queues and Call Center Basics
- Using AMI (Asterisk Manager Interface) to control Asterisk from an external program
- Using AGI (Asterisk Gateway Interface) to execute external scripts and connect Asterisk to external APIs.
- Connecting Asterisk to a relational database such as MySQL
- Troubleshooting your Asterisk system
- Asterisk and Linux Security to maintain a secure system.
Uber Asterisk Class is a five-day course. Class will begin at 9:30 AM on the first day and each day thereafter at 8:30 AM. The class will consist of a combination of lectures and lab exercises. Class typically runs until 5:00 PM, depending on circumstances in the classroom.
Class Materials and Cool Stuff
The following Digium course materials are included in the cost of the course:
- Training Courseware
- Have installed and worked in a Linux environment.
- Know how to manipulate files and perform basic administrative tasks from the command line.
- Know how to use a text editor to modify configuration files.
- Have installed Asterisk from source or installation packages.
- Know where Asterisk configs are located, and how to read and use sample config files.
- Know the general format/syntax of the Asterisk dialplan and the basic dialplan applications.
- Asterisk CLI: Know how to connect to remote Asterisk sessions and administer them using basic CLI commands.
- Know how to register and use VoIP devices (phones) and providers with Asterisk.
- Have general knowledge of VoIP protocols, especially SIP and IAX including generally how they work and what ports they use.
- Programming and scripting experience: Have some familiarity with programming and scripting languages such as C, C++, Bash, Perl, etc.
To register for class, or to see a list of upcoming classes, browse the Course Schedule.
To speak with a Training Specialist about Digium classes or certification call +972 (732) 557799 or send us a message.